Sonntag, 25. Dezember 2016

First Christmasday



Heading to my grandmothers home in the morning.



My sister was too late, so she had to go with wet hairs and dryed them at my grandmothers home ^^
The Make up wasn´t done yet too. ^^


 ****

We helped with cooking and making the table ready.


Then we waited till everyone arrived. On this table there are sitting my father, uncle, grandma, mother, aunt, my sister, the gf of my cousin, a friend from iraq from them, my cousin, my bf and me :D.

It´s common for my bf and me to spend christmas eve separated because it´s a very important familything and I wouldn´t snap his parents their only-child away :D and I also don´t want to be separated from my family - so it´s like that ^^.


This is my grandmothers special dish. It´s a homemade soup with homemade noodles and dumplings.
She makes the soup everytime with about 100 dumplings, but we "children" always fight, who is getting the most ^^.




This is how my father get prepared by his brother-in-law for the soup.

He is the twin brother of my mother and also my patron.


 My mother with her sister-in-law.

Potato dumplings, duck, chicken and red cabbage. I love to eat the skin from a roasted duck, so my dad gave his to me too :D.


Last part was icecream and of course my favorite one ^^.


****

After lunch we get our gifts from everyone^^.

(Look at that awesome ugly christmas sweater, Patrick is wearing :D. It has written "birthday boy" on it ^^ )



My sister made for all youngsters a bubble bath by herself in which is a ring included with one of the colour of the 4 houses of Hogwarts (Harry Potter).


We all love Harry Potter and grew up with the story ( I was always the same age as Harry, when I read them). And we always argue which one of us will be in which house ^^. So had to choose our house while not knowing which color the ring may have who is included in the bubble bath :D. 
Such a lovely idea :D.



****

After resting a hour or more, we went to the krip in the church of my grandmothers village and the graveyard because there is the grave of my grandfather.





Haha, this is the "Nickemännchen". It´s on every krip and if you put money in his back or here in his house it will bow his head as a thanks. It´s a really racist thing, like all blacks are poor or something like that. But when we were children and even the children now found it intersting and fascinating and we and they really loved/love it, It was the highlight of every church visit back then ^^. 

(The Krip is only build up at christmas time)


Patrick is patting the camel ^^. 








This is all inside the church. 

This is also the church in which I was christen when I was a baby and my grandmother and parents married.

****

After that, we had afternoon coffee and ice cake with frozen raspberrys :D



*****

Before dinner my bf and I drove to his parents to join for dinner at their place and I got my presents from them and his grandparents. 







I love their fireplace and the "Räuchermännchen" on the top of that.

You can burn a small smoking candle inside of them and it looks like they are smoking by theirselfes.
Burning those smoking candles is very common and also quite a piece of traditional german christmas celebrating. 
The candles are availabe in various fagranced versions. Like pine or incense fragrance.

****

We had soup which is made of leek, cream cheese and chopped meat, after that various other warm dishes. I choosed something like pretzel with onion cream, Baked with ham and cheese. 

There were also desserts, but I felt like a stuffed goose after my grandmas "treatment", so I skipped and drunk wine instead :D.






That´s their christmas tree. Like you see, the style of decorating them is different from family to family. And they don´t have to buy one, since this one is from their garden and they also own some forest were firs are growing. ^^

****


This was christmas celebrating on the first christmas day.

Tomorrow will be the same, like visiting relatives, eating and getting more gifts.


Hope you enjoyed reading :D!




Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen